69% of people Access the net via mobile device DAILY.
Responsive web design – as a user switches from their laptop to iPad, to iPhone, the website should automatically switch to accommodate for resolution, image size and script abilities. The website should have the technology to automatically respond to the user’s preference.
Why Google loves responsive design:
1) Responsive sites attract more links to key pages
2) Responsive sites can be shared more easily
3) Responsive sites can be indexed
4) Responsive sites keep readers happy
5) Responsive sites work on multiple devices
6) Responsive sites (usually) look better
Three of the biggest mobile uses:
1) Look up info – phone number, business hours, address.
2) Social Media – Of over 800 mil FaceBook users, over HALF access via mobile. Because mobile users are so active on these sites, you need to make sure that your company has a presence there. It will give you a very effective way to stay in touch with your customers, and let you not only send them information and promotions, but also interact with them directly.
3) Text Messaging – You can use this to your advantage by having an SMS marketing strategy for your business. You can send promotions and other information to your customers via text, which tends to have a much higher read-rate than email and other mediums.
When it comes down to it, the more ways you have to stay in touch with your customers, the better the chance that you will be the first company that comes to mind when they’re in need of the products or services you offer.