So you’re a Google junkie (like me) and recognize the importance of having an optimized profile on each of the major social networks but simply do not have the time to manage them all. You’re not alone. Many of my clients: restaurateurs, real estate agents, entrepreneurs and small businesses feel overwhelmed by social media. HootSuite can help improve productivity and may be just what you are looking for.
Do you like the idea of logging in to one dashboard to implement and analyze your marketing campaign across ALL social profiles? The free version of Hootsuite allows you post text, links, photos, videos and other media to any pages or profiles (up to 5) for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Foursquare, Myspace, WordPress and others from one place – the HootSuite dashboard.
With Hootsuite you can keep your accounts secure including the ability to add and remove team members without sharing passwords and track how many users are visiting your website based on the links your shared.
Simple guide to HootSuite:
• Sign up at www.hootsuite.com
• Optimize your account and complete the profile section with your photo, email address, bio, company name, job title, etc.
• Add networks: click “Add Social Network” (below your bio info) and choose the channel you want to add. You can add your Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, Google+ (Profile and Page) accounts here.
• Next add a stream - HootSuite automatically creates separate pages for your different social media channels – Twitter, Facebook Profile, Facebook Page and LinkedIn. This function is extremely useful for managing Twitter, as on one page and you can view all feeds, mentions, customised searches and direct messages.
My favourite feature with Hootsuite is the ability to schedule posts. You can pre-schedule up to 50 unique messages. Users who don’t have time to post throughout the day can can keep their campaigns organized by scheduling posts to automatically post on specific dates and times to reach peak traffic.
To Schedule Posts:
1. Prepare an update in the Compose Box (very top left of your screen) and select the Schedule Icon. A drop down menu will then appear. Enter the date and time you would like your post to be scheduled and choose which social networks to share it on.
To view scheduled posts:
1. Click the paper airplane icon on the left side of the screen.
2. Make sure the “Scheduled” section is selected (on the left).
3. Scroll through your posts. Please note the date and time that each post is scheduled for.
To edit scheduled posts:
1. Scroll over the post you want to edit.
2. Click the Pencil icon on the right (if you would like to delete the post, click the X).
3. From this screen you can change the text, date, time, and can even add in links.
4. Click “Save Changes” to save your changes. If you don’t want to save changes, click “Cancel”.
With everything all in one place, Hootsuite can enable you to monitor what people are saying about your brand instantly. Give it a try today!